In today’s digital age, word-of-mouth has taken a new form through content sharing on social media platforms. Getting people to share your content is not just about reaching a larger audience, it’s also about building trust and brand loyalty, which in turn can significantly boost your revenue. Here, we’ll discuss effective strategies for promoting your business and increasing revenue through content sharing, using the AIDA (Attention, Interest, Desire, Action) model.
What Causes People to Share?
Content sharing is often motivated by a few key factors. These include:
- Connection: People share content that resonates with them on a personal level or aligns with their values, allowing them to express themselves.
- Value: Users share content that they find useful, informative, or educational, providing value to their networks.
- Emotion: Content that elicits strong emotional responses, whether positive (like joy or surprise) or negative (like anger or sadness), is more likely to be shared.
- Social Validation: Content that makes the sharer appear knowledgeable or “in the know” often gets shared for social validation.
How to Encourage People to Share Your Content
Using the AIDA model, here are some practical ways to encourage content sharing:
1. Attention: Craft Eye-Catching Content
Your content needs to stand out amidst the vast sea of information. Visuals are a great way to grab attention. According to a study by BuzzSumo, articles with an image once every 75-100 words received double the social media shares as articles with fewer images. For instance, an eCommerce store selling home décor items could share high-resolution photos of their products styled in appealing settings, appealing to users’ aesthetic tastes and thus, more likely to be shared.
2. Interest: Deliver Valuable and Relevant Content
Once you’ve caught the audience’s attention, it’s time to pique their interest. Create content that is not just relevant to your brand, but also beneficial to your audience. For example, a software development company could offer free e-books or webinars on trending IT topics. These resources can be easily shared by users within their professional network, thereby spreading brand awareness.
3. Desire: Evoke Emotion and Foster Connection
Connect with your audience on a deeper level by creating content that evokes emotion and resonates with their values. Storytelling is an excellent way to do this. A skincare brand, for instance, could share customer testimonials detailing how their products have positively impacted their lives, inspiring others to try the products and share their experiences.
4. Action: Encourage Sharing
Explicitly encouraging your audience to share your content can be incredibly effective. However, this must be done in a way that doesn’t feel forceful. You could run a social media contest where users have to share your post to enter, or a referral program where customers get discounts for every person they refer to your site. Also, ensure sharing options are readily accessible on your posts and your website.
How to Get People to Share Your Instagram Content
Instagram, with its visual-centric nature, offers unique opportunities for content sharing. Here’s how you can leverage it:
- User-generated content (UGC): Encourage your followers to share photos of them using your products, tagging your brand or using a specific hashtag. UGC not only increases engagement but also acts as social proof, increasing trust in your brand.
- Instagram Stories and Reels: Use Instagram’s features like Stories and Reels to share engaging content like behind-the-scenes clips, product teasers, or tutorials. They are a fun and interactive way to encourage users to share your content with their followers.
- Collaborations and Influencer Marketing: Collaborate with influencers or other relevant brands in your niche. This strategy can extend your reach, bringing new audiences who may share your content within their networks.
Remember, content sharing isn’t just a tactic; it’s a relationship-building tool. As with any relationship, authenticity and respect are paramount. Share content that you genuinely believe will benefit your audience and always respond to engagement in a timely, respectful manner.
By understanding what motivates people to share and integrating these motivations into your content strategy using the AIDA model, you can effectively boost your business through content sharing. So, start today, create content worth sharing, and watch your business grow.